Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Car free month, the finale

So, today is the first day after the completion of the car free month. I still took the train in, because it is just so much less annoyance to walk over to the train stop and hop the train/bus into work. I only had a half day at work today, so walked back to the train stop, and headed home for lunch. After that, I drove out east, south of Gresham, to visit a hashpoint. On the way back, I stopped to get a new pair of shoes and some cleaning supplies.

The general synopsis of the car free month is this:
  1. I like riding the train into work. It is a much less stressful way to get to and from work, even on my short commute.
  2. I really don't like shopping via transit. It really sucks.
  3. Geohashing, and sometimes sf0 tasking, really should be done with a car. Its just the nature of those activities that often a car is, if not required, then still very nice to have.
  4. If I decide to buy a house/townhouse in the upcoming months, I want to keep myself relatively close to a train station, because transit into work is now my preferred way to get there.
From now on, I will probably drive into work once a week, so that I can go out to lunch, and so that I can go shopping on my way home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment